Grant R Tomkinson, Justin J Lang, Mark S Tremblay (Australia) - Research Article
855. Temporal trends in the cardiorespiratory fitness of children and adolescents representing 19 high-income and upper middle-income countries between 1981 and 2014
Discover how fitness levels of children have changed over the last 30 years in countries across the world and how this relates to socioeconomic issues.
Belen Zapata-Diomedi, Luke D. Knibbs, Robert S. Ware, Kristiann C. Heesch, Marko Tainio, James Woodcock, J. Lennert Veerman (Australia) - Research Article
853. A shift from motorised travel to active transport: What are the potential health gains for an Australian city?
Find out how increased active travel could improve health in new modelling of achieving active transport targets.
Emmanuel Stamatakis, I-Min Lee, Jason Bennie, Jonathan Freeston, Mark Hamer, Gary O'Donovan, Ding Ding, Adrian Bauman, Yorgi Mavros (Australia) - Research Article
854. Does strength promoting exercise confer unique health benefits? A pooled analysis of eleven population cohorts with all-cause, cancer, and cardiovascular mortality endpoints
Learn about the specific benefits of strength training in this new international study of combined health survey data.
Pedišic Ž, Dumuid D, Olds T (Australia) - Research Article
851. Integrating sleep, sedentary behaviour, and physical activity research in the emerging field of time-use epidemiology: definitions, concepts, statistical methods, theoretical framework, and future directions
Discover how different behaviours can be integrated in this new model featuring definitions, concepts, statistical methods, theoretical framework, and future directions.
Butte, Nancy F.; Watson, Kathleen B.; Ridley, Kate; Zakeri, Issa F.; McMurray, Robert G.; Pfeiffer, Karin A.; Crouter, Scott E.; Herrmann, Stephen D.; Bassett, David R.; Long, Alexander; Berhane, Zekarias; Trost, Stewart G.; Ainsworth, Barbara E.; Berrigan, David; Fulton, Janet E. (United States) - Research Article
852. A Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: Activity Codes and Metabolic Intensities
Take a look at the new compendium for young people containing 196 different physical activities!