Sydney A. Jones, Quefeng Li, Allison E. Aiello, Angela M. O'Rand, Kelly R. Evenson (United States) - Research Article
884. Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour, and Retirement: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
An interesting read on retirements levels and physical activity.
Howie EK, Brewer AE, Brown WH, Saunders RP, Pate RR (United States) - Research Article
790. Systematic dissemination of a preschool physical activity intervention to the control preschools
See how a multi-component preschool activity intervention was collaboratively refined for dissemination to the control preschools in new implementation science from the U.S.
Jackson P. Sekhobo, Lynn S. Edmunds, Karen Dalenius, Jan Jernigan, Christopher F. Davis, Mark Giddings, Catherine Lesesne, Laura Kettel Khan (United States) - Research Article
697. Neighborhood Disparities in Prevalence of Childhood Obesity Among Low-Income Children Before and After Implementation of New York City Child Care Regulations
See how child care policies influenced childhood obesity levels in disadvantaged neighbourhoods in New York City.
Marcelo Cano Cappelacci, Tania Oyarzún Alfaro, Fernanda Leyton Artigas y Cristóbal Sepúlveda Muñoz (Chile) - Research Article
678. Relación entre estado nutricional, nivel de actividad física y desarrollo psicomotor en preescolares
Read this study from Chile which is one of the first to objectively measure physical activity levels amongst preschool children
Veerle Dubuy, Katrien De Cocker, Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Lea Maes, Jan Seghers, Johan Lefevre, Kristine De Martelaer, Hannah Brooke, Greet Cardon (Belgium) - Research Article
636. Evaluation of a real world intervention using professional football players to promote a healthy diet and physical activity in children and adolescents from a lower socio-economic background: a controlled pretest-posttest design
Take a look at the effects of a role modelling intervention to improve diet and physical activity using professional soccer players.
British Heart Foundation, National Centre for Physical Activity and Health (United Kingdom) - Guideline
676. Physical Activity in the Early Years.
This resource offers professionals with a comprehensive set of PowerPoint slides that explore key information regarding physical activity in the early years.
Nicholas Edwards, Philip R. Khoury, Heidi J. Kalkwarf, Randal P. Claytor,Stephen R. Daniels, Jessica G. Woo, Randal P. Claytor, Stephen R. Daniels (United States) - Research Article
578. Tracking of Accelerometer-Measured Physical Activity in Early Childhood
See how physical activity tracks differently in young boys and girls.
Leigh Gabel, Nicole A. Proudfoot, Joyce Obeid, Maureen J. MacDonald, Steven R. Bray, John Cairney, and Brian W. Timmons (Canada) - Research Article
441. Step Count Targets Corresponding to New Physical Activity Guidelines for the Early Years
See how pedometer step count targets related to the new Canadian physical activity guidelines for pre-schoolers.
National Obesity Observatory (United Kingdom) - Guideline
389. TV viewing and obesity in children and young people
Take a look at this fact sheet on the links between TV viewing and obesity in young people.
Play England (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
384. A world without play: A literature review
This review examine the effects of a lack of play on children’s lives and the importance of providing good-quality play opportunities to children, their families and their communities.