Sydney A. Jones, Quefeng Li, Allison E. Aiello, Angela M. O'Rand, Kelly R. Evenson (United States) - Research Article
884. Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour, and Retirement: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
An interesting read on retirements levels and physical activity.
Shuichi Suetania, Abdullah Mamund, Gail M.Williamse, Jake M.Najmane (Australia) - Research Article
839. Longitudinal association between physical activity engagement during adolescence and mental health outcomes in young adults: A 21-year birth cohort study
Learn about how physical activity in childhood impacts the risk of developing adults mental health disorders.
Lau, Erica Y.; Wandersman, Abraham H.; Pate, Russell R. (United States) - Research Article
783. Factors Influencing Implementation of Youth Physical Activity Interventions: An Expert Perspective
Discover the most important factors in achieving successful implementation of physical activity interventions for young people in new research published in the first issue of the Translational Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine.
Erin K Howie, Joanne A McVeigh, Anne J Smith, Leon M Straker (Australia) - Research Article
765. Organized Sport Trajectories from Childhood to Adolescence and Health Associations.
Learn about the links between sport participation over time and health outcomes in new results from the Raine longitudinal study.
Per Hoegh Poulsen, Karin Biering and Johan Hviid Andersen (Denmark) - Research Article
757. The association between leisure time physical activity in adolescence and poor mental health in early adulthood: a prospective cohort study
Learn how physical activity levels over time affects mental health in adults in this new study from Denmark.
Ravi V. Shah, Venkatesh L. Murthy, Laura A. Colangelo, Jared Reis, Bharath Ambale Venkatesh, Ravi Sharma, Siddique A. Abbasi, David C. Goff Jr, J. Jeffrey Carr, Jamal S. Rana, James G. Terry, Claude Bouchard, Mark A. Sarzynski, Aaron Eisman, Tomas Neilan, Saumya Das, Michael Jerosch-Herold, Cora E. Lewis, Mercedes Carnethon, Gregory D. Lewis, Joao A. C. Lima (United States) - Research Article
750. Association of Fitness in Young Adulthood With Survival and Cardiovascular Risk The Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study
Learn how young adults' fitness leads to reduced cardiovascular disease and mortality later in life.
Rochelle M Eime, Melanie J Charity, Jack T Harvey, Warren R Payne (Australia) - Research Article
706. Participation in sport and physical activity: associations with socio-economic status and geographical remoteness
Find out how physical activity and participation in almost 100 sports across Australia varies according to location of residence and social advantage.
Felix Muttera, Tim Pawlowski (Germany) - Research Article
683. Role models in sports – Can success in professional sports increase the demand for amateur sport participation?
See how professional sport role models might inspire increases in physical activity among recreational sport participants in this new study from Germany.
Veerle Dubuy, Katrien De Cocker, Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Lea Maes, Jan Seghers, Johan Lefevre, Kristine De Martelaer, Hannah Brooke, Greet Cardon (Belgium) - Research Article
636. Evaluation of a real world intervention using professional football players to promote a healthy diet and physical activity in children and adolescents from a lower socio-economic background: a controlled pretest-posttest design
Take a look at the effects of a role modelling intervention to improve diet and physical activity using professional soccer players.
Beenackers M. A, Foster S, Kamphuis C. B, et al. (Australia) - Research Article
194. Taking up cycling after residential relocation: Built Environment Factors
Learn about the latest evidence from the RESIDE project in Perth.