Sydney A. Jones, Quefeng Li, Allison E. Aiello, Angela M. O'Rand, Kelly R. Evenson (United States) - Research Article
884. Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour, and Retirement: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
An interesting read on retirements levels and physical activity.
Champion, R.B., Smith, L.R., Smith, J., Hirlav, B., Maylor, B.D., White, S.L. and Bailey, D.P. (United Kingdom) - Research Article
870. Reducing prolonged sedentary time using a treadmill desk acutely improves cardiometabolic risk markers in male and female adults
In developed countries and the rapidly urbanizing populations of developing countries, too much sitting as distinct from too little exercise has become the default behavioural option. Reducing prolonged periods of sitting has therefore emerged as a new focus for reducing the risk of cardiometabolic diseases.
Ina Becker, Birgit Wallmann-Sperlick, Robert Rupp, Jens Bucksch (Germany) - Research Article
859. Workplace Interventions to Reduce Sedentary Behavior: A Systematic Review
This systematic review investigates the extent to which interventions aid in the reduction of sedentary behaviour among office workers, and explores a range of variables which moderate intervention effects.
Hussain SM, Urquhart DM, Wang Y, Dunstan D, Shaw JE, Magliano DJ, Wluka AE, Cicuttini FM (Australia) - Research Article
784. Associations between television viewing and physical activity and low back pain in community-based adults: A cohort study
Find out whether television viewing or physical activity has a stronger association with lower back pain and whether the association has more of an impact on men or women.
Mélanie Henderson, Andrea Benedetti, Tracie A. Barnett, Marie-Eve Mathieu, Johnny Deladoëy, Katherine Gray-Donald (Canada) - Research Article
769. Influence of Adiposity, Physical Activity, Fitness, and Screen Time on Insulin Dynamics Over 2 Years in Children
Find out how physical activity and other healthy behaviours affect insulin sensitivity in children in this new study from Canada.
Shibata, Ai; Oka, Koichiro; Sugiyama, Takemi; Salmon, Jo; Dunstan, David W; Owen, Neville (Australia) - Research Article
749. Physical Activity, Television Viewing Time and 12-Year Changes in Waist Circumference
Learn about how long term physical activity and TV viewing behaviour affects weight.
Ai Shibata, Koichiro Oka, Takemi Sugiyama, Ding Ding, Jo Salmon, David W Dunstan, Neville Owen (Japan) - Research Article
705. Perceived neighbourhood environmental attributes and prospective changes in TV viewing time among older Australian adults
Explore new findings from the Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle (AusDiab) study.
L Smith, B Gardner, M Hamer (United Kingdom) - Research Article
664. Childhood correlates of adult TV viewing time: a 32-year follow-up of the 1970 British Cohort Study
Take a look at this study of long term tracking of childhood TV habits and how they are related to physical activity and obesity.
Henry E.Wang, John Baddley, Russell L. Griffin, Suzanne Judd, George Howard, John P. Donnelly, Monika M. Safford (United States) - Research Article
638. Physical inactivity and long-term rates of community-acquired sepsis
Take a look at this new research on the links between physical activity and television viewing time and sepsis.
Australian Sports Commission (Australia) - Case Study
667. The impact of development through sport: Australian Sports Outreach Program case studies
Access the findings of research into Australian Sports Outreach Programs in Vanuatu, Tonga and Nauru.