Pedišic Ž, Dumuid D, Olds T (Australia) - Research Article
851. Integrating sleep, sedentary behaviour, and physical activity research in the emerging field of time-use epidemiology: definitions, concepts, statistical methods, theoretical framework, and future directions
Discover how different behaviours can be integrated in this new model featuring definitions, concepts, statistical methods, theoretical framework, and future directions.
Butte, Nancy F.; Watson, Kathleen B.; Ridley, Kate; Zakeri, Issa F.; McMurray, Robert G.; Pfeiffer, Karin A.; Crouter, Scott E.; Herrmann, Stephen D.; Bassett, David R.; Long, Alexander; Berhane, Zekarias; Trost, Stewart G.; Ainsworth, Barbara E.; Berrigan, David; Fulton, Janet E. (United States) - Research Article
852. A Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: Activity Codes and Metabolic Intensities
Take a look at the new compendium for young people containing 196 different physical activities!
 Althoff T, Hicks JL, King AC, Delp SL, Leskovec J  Evenson KR, Wen F, Furberg RD (Australia) - Research Article
842. Big data opportunities from new technologies – iPhone and Fitbit
Discover the opportunities new technologies offer through wearable devices and smart phones with these two articles on iPhones and Fitbits for physical activity measurement.
Pavey, Toby G., Kolbe-Alexander, Tracy L. , Uijtdewilligen, Leonie and Brown, Wendy J. (Australia) - Research Article
840. Which Women are Highly Active Over a 12-Year Period? A Prospective Analysis of Data from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health
Find out about factors associated with being active in a new data analysis of the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health.
Mann KD, Howe LD, Basterfield L, Parkinson KN, Pearce MS, Reilly JK, Adamson AJ, Reilly JJ, Janssen X (United Kingdom) - Research Article
829. Longitudinal study of the associations between change in sedentary behavior and change in adiposity during childhood and adolescence: Gateshead Millennium study
Discover the latest effects on weight of the age when sedentary behaviour and physical activity levels change in children in this new study from the UK.
Gary O’Donovan, I-Min Lee, Mark Hamer, Emmanuel Stamatakis (United Kingdom) - Research Article
819. Association of “Weekend Warrior” and Other Leisure Time Physical Activity Patterns With Risks for All-Cause, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer Mortality
Discover how the timing of physical activity participation affects the risk of developing chronic disease.
Morseth B, Jacobsen BK, Emaus N, Wilsgaard T, Jørgensen L (Norway) - Research Article
814. Secular trends and correlates of physical activity: The Tromsø Study 1979-2008
Explore long term leisure time and work related physical activity trends in Norway.
M.J. Hamlin, E. Yule, C.A. Elliot, L. Stoner, Y. Kathiravel (New Zealand) - Research Article
800. Long-term effectiveness of the New Zealand Green Prescription primary health care exercise initiative
Learn about the impact on physical activity levels and sedentary behaviour of this long running initiative.
Stella S. Yi, Jeannette M. Beasley, Simona C. Kwon, Keng-Yen Huang, Chau Trinh-Shevrin, Judith Wylie-Rosett (United States) - Research Article
796. Acculturation and activity behaviors in Chinese American immigrants in New York City
Learn about how social and cultural factors influence physical activity patterns of Chinese immigrants.
Justin B Moore, Jason Brinkley, Sara F Morris, Theresa M Oniffrey, Mary Bea Kolbe (United States) - Research Article
793. Effectiveness of Community-Based Minigrants to Increase Physical Activity and Decrease Sedentary Time in Youth
Discover the effectiveness of targeted grant funding for the implementation of multilevel community interventions for young people.