Stamatakis E, Kelly P, StrainT, Murtagh E.M, Ding D and Murphy M.H. (United Kingdom) - Research Article
879. Self-rated walking pace and all-cause, cardiovascular disease and cancer mortality: individual participant pooled analysis of 50 225 walkers from 11 population British cohorts
This study examined the associations between walking pace, all-cause and cause specific mortality, as well as potential modifying variables, such as physical activity volume.
Alpa V. Patel, PhD, Janet S. Hildebrand, MPH, Corinne R. Leach, PhD, Peter T. Campbell, PhD, Colleen Doyle, MS, Kerem Shuval, PhD, Ying Wang, PhD, Susan M. Gapstur, PhD. (Australia) - Research Article
857. Walking in Relation to Mortality in a Large Prospective Cohort of Older U.S. Adults
Walking in relation to mortality in a large US prospective cohort of older adults.
Scott A Lear, Weihong Hu, Sumathy Rangarajan, Danijela Gasevic, Darryl Leong, Romaina Iqbal, Amparo Casanova, Sumathi Swaminathan, R M Anjana, Rajesh Kumar, Annika Rosengren, Li Wei, Wang Yang, Wang Chuangshi, Liu Huaxing, Sanjeev Nair, Rafael Diaz, Hany Swidon, Rajeev Gupta, Noushin Mohammadifard, Patricio Lopez-Jaramillo, Aytekin Oguz, Katarzyna Zatonska, Pamela Seron, Alvaro Avezum, Paul Poirier, Koon Teo, Salim Yusuf (Canada) - Research Article
849. The effect of physical activity on mortality and cardiovascular disease in 130 000 people from 17 high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries: the PURE study
Explore new findings on the healthy benefits of physical activity worldwide.
Carlos A Celis-Morales, Donald M Lyall, Paul Welsh, Jana Anderson, Lewis Steell, Yibing Guo, Reno Maldonado, Daniel F Mackay, Jill P Pell, Naveed Sattar, Jason M R Gill (United Kingdom) - Research Article
828. Association between active commuting and incident cardiovascular disease, cancer, and mortality: prospective cohort study
Find out about the long term links between walking and cycling and the risk of heart disease in new research from the UK Biobank Study.
Amit V. Khera, Connor A. Emdin, Isabel Drake, Pradeep Natarajan, Alexander G. Bick, Nancy R. Cook, Daniel I. Chasman, Usman Baber, Roxana Mehran, Daniel J. Rader, Valentin Fuster, Eric Boerwinkle, Olle Melander, Marju Orho-Melander, Paul M Ridker, Sekar Kathiresan (United States) - Research Article
827. Genetic Risk, Adherence to a Healthy Lifestyle, and Coronary Disease
Learn about the importance of a healthy lifestyle in reducing the impact of genetic heart disease risk in this combined study of four different male and female cohort.
Ambarish Pandey, Michael LaMonte, Liviu Klein, Colby Ayers, Bruce M. Psaty, Charles B. Eaton, Norrina B. Allen, James A. de Lemos, Mercedes Carnethon, Philip Greenland, Jarett D. Berry (United States) - Research Article
823. Relationship Between Physical Activity, Body Mass Index, and Risk of Heart Failure
Find out how physical activity is linked to heart failure in this new study, using data from 3 cohort studies (WHI [Women’s Health Initiative], MESA [Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis], and CHS [Cardiovascular Health Study.
Gary O’Donovan, I-Min Lee, Mark Hamer, Emmanuel Stamatakis (United Kingdom) - Research Article
819. Association of “Weekend Warrior” and Other Leisure Time Physical Activity Patterns With Risks for All-Cause, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer Mortality
Discover how the timing of physical activity participation affects the risk of developing chronic disease.
Philipe de Souto Barreto, Matteo Cesari, Sandrine Andrieu, Bruno Vellas, Yves Rolland (Brazil) - Research Article
809. Physical Activity and Incident Chronic Diseases: A Longitudinal Observational Study in 16 European Countries
Discover just how much physical activity is required to have an impact on chronic disease.
Mary Adams, Joseph Grandpre (United States) - Research Article
808. Dose–response gradients between a composite measure of six risk factors and cognitive decline and cardiovascular disease
Find out how high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, inactivity, depression, diabetes are linked to aspects of physical and mental health.
K Perreault, A Bauman, N Johnson, A Britton, V Rangul, E Stamatakis (Canada) - Research Article
804. Does physical activity moderate the association between alcohol drinking and all-cause, cancer and cardiovascular diseases mortality? A pooled analysis of eight British population cohorts
Explore new data on the links between physical activity and alcohol consumption.