Sheri R. Colberg, Ronald J. Sigal, Jane E. Yardley, Michael C. Riddell, David W. Dunstan, Paddy C. Dempsey, Edward S. Horton, Kristin Castorino and Deborah F. Tate (United States) - Research Article
811. Physical Activity/Exercise and Diabetes: A Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association
Read about the multi-component, up to date physical activity prescription for all forms of diabetes.
Philipe de Souto Barreto, Matteo Cesari, Sandrine Andrieu, Bruno Vellas, Yves Rolland (Brazil) - Research Article
809. Physical Activity and Incident Chronic Diseases: A Longitudinal Observational Study in 16 European Countries
Discover just how much physical activity is required to have an impact on chronic disease.
Shiroma, Eric J; Cook, Nancy R; Manson, JoAnn E; Moorthy, MV; Buring, Julie E; Rimm, Eric B; Lee, I-Min (United States) - Research Article
807. Strength Training and the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
See how women's participation in strength training affected their risk of developing diabetes.
Mélanie Henderson, Andrea Benedetti, Tracie A. Barnett, Marie-Eve Mathieu, Johnny Deladoëy, Katherine Gray-Donald (Canada) - Research Article
769. Influence of Adiposity, Physical Activity, Fitness, and Screen Time on Insulin Dynamics Over 2 Years in Children
Find out how physical activity and other healthy behaviours affect insulin sensitivity in children in this new study from Canada.
Christina B Petersen, Adrian Bauman, Janne S Tolstrup (Denmark) - Research Article
767. Total sitting time and the risk of incident diabetes in Danish adults (the DANHES cohort) over 5 years: a prospective study
The impact on physical activity and obesity on the relationship between sedentary behaviour and diabetes is explored in this new large scale study.
Paul J. Christine, Amy H. Auchincloss, Alain G. Bertoni, Mercedes R. Carnethon, Brisa N. Sánchez, Kari Moore, Sara D. Adar, Tamara B. Horwich, Karol E. Watson, Ana V. Diez Roux (United States) - Research Article
721. Longitudinal Associations Between Neighborhood Physical and Social Environments and Incident Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)
Take a look at the latest evidence on the benefits of healthy neighborhoods.
Anthony Laverty, Raffaele Palladino, John Lee, Christopher Millett (United Kingdom) - Research Article
720. Associations between active travel and weight, blood pressure and diabetes in six middle income countries: a cross-sectional study in older adults
Read about the links between active travel and health outcomes in China, India, Mexico, Ghana, Russia and South Africa.
G Sanabria-Martínez, A García-Hermoso, R Poyatos-León, C Álvarez-Bueno, M Sánchez-López and V Martínez-Vizcaíno (Spain) - Research Article
717. Effectiveness of physical activity interventions on preventing gestational diabetes mellitus and excessive maternal weight gain: a meta-analysis
Learn about the effectiveness of physical exercise interventions during pregnancy to prevent gestational diabetes mellitus and excessive maternal weight gain.
Sugiyama, Takemi; Shibata, Ai; Koohsari, Mohammad J; Tanamas, Stephanie K; Oka, Koichiro; Salmon, Jo; Dunstan, David W; Owen, Neville (Australia) - Research Article
679. Neighborhood Environmental Attributes and Adults' Maintenance of Regular Walking
Take a look at new evidence of the long term effects of the neighborhood environment on walking in new findings from Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study (AusDiab).
Mehlig K, Skoog I, Waern M, Miao Jonasson J, Lapidus L, Björkelund C, Ostling S, Lissner L. (Sweden) - Research Article
637. Physical Activity, Weight Status, Diabetes and Dementia: A 34-Year Follow-Up of the Population Study of Women in Gothenburg
Find out about the long term links between physical activity, associated factors and dementia in this new study from Sweden.