Mary Adams, Joseph Grandpre (United States) - Research Article
808. Dose–response gradients between a composite measure of six risk factors and cognitive decline and cardiovascular disease
Find out how high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, inactivity, depression, diabetes are linked to aspects of physical and mental health.
Annika Toots, Håkan Littbrand, Nina Lindelöf, Robert Wiklund, Henrik Holmberg, Peter Nordström, Lillemor Lundin-Olsson, Yngve Gustafson and Erik Rosendahl (Sweden) - Research Article
755. Effects of a High-Intensity Functional Exercise Program on Dependence in Activities of Daily Living and Balance in Older Adults with Dementia
Find out how exercise can improve activities of daily living among dementia patients.
Sam Norton, Fiona E Matthews, Deborah E Barnes, Prof Kristine Yaffe, Prof Carol Brayne (United Kingdom) - Research Article
660. Potential for primary prevention of Alzheimer's disease: an analysis of population-based data
Find out about the risk factors for Alzheimer's disease, including physical activity, in this new international analysis.
Mehlig K, Skoog I, Waern M, Miao Jonasson J, Lapidus L, Björkelund C, Ostling S, Lissner L. (Sweden) - Research Article
637. Physical Activity, Weight Status, Diabetes and Dementia: A 34-Year Follow-Up of the Population Study of Women in Gothenburg
Find out about the long term links between physical activity, associated factors and dementia in this new study from Sweden.
Karen Milton, Rona Macniven & Adrian Bauman (Australia) - Research Article
631. Review of the epidemiological evidence for physical activity and health from low- and middle-income countries
Take a look at this new review of the broad range of health benefits of physical activity in low and middle income countries around the world.
Anna-Maija Tolppanen, Alina Solomon, Jenni Kulmala, Ingemar Kåreholt, Tiia Ngandu, Minna Rusanen, Tiina Laatikainen, Hilkka Soininen, Miia Kivipelto (Finland) - Research Article
628. Leisure-time physical activity from mid- to late life, body mass index, and risk of dementia
Take a look at this new research on the links between physical activity and dementia.
Michelle W. Voss, Lucas J. Carr, Rachel Clark, Timothy Weng (United States) - Research Article
612. "Revenge of the “sit” II: Does lifestyle impact neuronal and cognitive health through distinct mechanisms associated with sedentary behavior and physical activity? "
Following on from the original 'Revenge of the “Sit”' paper in 2006, this new research presents evidence on the independent effect of sedentary behaviours on neurological functioning, such as preventing dementia.
Mental Health Foundation (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
567. Let’s Get Physical: The impact of physical activity on wellbeing
Learn more about the effects of physical activity on mental health and wellbeing in this new document from the UK.
Public Health England (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
516. Health Impact of Physical Inactivity (HIPA)
The HIPI has been developed by Public Health England to estimate how many cases of certain diseases could be prevented in each local authority in England, if the population aged 40-79 were to engage in recommended amounts of physical activity.
The Lancet (United Kingdom) - Research Article
417. The Lancet Series on physical activity
This recent publication on physical actviity covers the global impact of physical inactivity on non-communicable diseases, current levels of physical activity and trends, reasons for and against participating in physical activity and how to effectively promote physical activity.