Gordon et al 2018 (Australia) - Research Article
879. Association of Efficacy of Resistance Exercise Training With Depressive Symptoms: Meta-analysis and Meta-regression Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials
In this meta-analysis of 33 randomised controlled trials involving 1877 participants,
Gordon and colleagues aimed to determine the effect of resistance training on depressive symptoms across a diverse range of populations.
Felipe B. Schuch, Ph.D., Davy Vancampfort, Ph.D., Joseph Firth, Ph.D., Simon Rosenbaum, Ph.D., Philip B. Ward, Ph.D., Edson S. Silva, B.Sc., Mats Hallgren, Ph.D., Antonio Ponce De Leon, Ph.D., Andrea L. Dunn, Ph.D., Andrea C. Deslandes, Ph.D., Marcelo P. Fleck, Ph.D., Andre F. Carvalho, Ph.D., Brendon Stubbs, Ph.D. (Brazil) - Research Article
885. Physical Activity and Incident Depression: A Meta-Analysis of Prospective Cohort Studies
The authors examined the prospective relationship between physical activity and incident depression and explored potential moderators.
Samuel B. Harvey, Simon Øverland, Stephani L. Hatch, Simon Wessely, Arnstein Mykletun, Matthew Hotopf (Norway) - Research Article
850. Exercise and the Prevention of Depression: Results of the HUNT Cohort Study
Find out about the latest research on how physical activity can prevent mental illness in this new study from Norway.
L. S. Olive , R. M. Telford, D. G. Byrne, W. P. Abhayaratna, R. D. Telford (Australia) - Research Article
781. Psychological distress leads to reduced physical activity and fitness in children: the Australian longitudinal LOOK study
Find out more about the relationship between physical activity and depression in young people in new data from Australia.
Per Hoegh Poulsen, Karin Biering and Johan Hviid Andersen (Denmark) - Research Article
757. The association between leisure time physical activity in adolescence and poor mental health in early adulthood: a prospective cohort study
Learn how physical activity levels over time affects mental health in adults in this new study from Denmark.
Snehal M. Pinto Pereira, Marie-Claude Geoffroy, Christine Power (United Kingdom) - Research Article
659. Depressive Symptoms and Physical Activity During 3 Decades in Adult Life Bidirectional Associations in a Prospective Cohort Study
Learn about the links between physical activity and depression in this longitudinal study of British adults.
Karen Milton, Rona Macniven & Adrian Bauman (Australia) - Research Article
631. Review of the epidemiological evidence for physical activity and health from low- and middle-income countries
Take a look at this new review of the broad range of health benefits of physical activity in low and middle income countries around the world.
Mark Hamer, Emmanuel Stamatakis (United Kingdom) - Research Article
597. Prospective Study of Sedentary Behavior, Risk of Depression, and Cognitive Impairment
Learn about the links between different types of sedentary behavior and aspects of mental health.
Jannique G.Z. van Uffelen, Yolanda R. van Gellecum, Nicola W. Burton, Geeske Peeters, Kristiann C. Heesch, Wendy J. Brown (Australia) - Research Article
572. Sitting-Time, Physical Activity, and Depressive Symptoms in Mid-Aged Women
Take a look at new evidence from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health.
Mental Health Foundation (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
567. Let’s Get Physical: The impact of physical activity on wellbeing
Learn more about the effects of physical activity on mental health and wellbeing in this new document from the UK.