Samuel B. Harvey, Simon Øverland, Stephani L. Hatch, Simon Wessely, Arnstein Mykletun, Matthew Hotopf (Norway) - Research Article
850. Exercise and the Prevention of Depression: Results of the HUNT Cohort Study
Find out about the latest research on how physical activity can prevent mental illness in this new study from Norway.
Shuichi Suetania, Abdullah Mamund, Gail M.Williamse, Jake M.Najmane (Australia) - Research Article
839. Longitudinal association between physical activity engagement during adolescence and mental health outcomes in young adults: A 21-year birth cohort study
Learn about how physical activity in childhood impacts the risk of developing adults mental health disorders.
Reddon, Hudson; Meyre, David; Cairney, John (Canada) - Research Article
838. Physical Activity and Global Self-worth in a Longitudinal Study of Children
Find out about the relationships between youth physical activity and future positive mental health in this large study from Canada.
Brendon Stubbs, Ai Koyanagi, Mats Hallgren, Joseph Firth, Justin Richards, Felipe Schuch, Simon Rosenbaum, James Mugisha, Nicola Veronese, Jouni Lahtio (United Kingdom) - Research Article
833. Physical activity and anxiety: A perspective from the World Health Survey
Discover how physical activity might be associated with anxiety in a new study with data from 47 countries worldwide.
Ashley Winning, Paola Gilsanz, Karestan C. Koenen, Andrea L. Roberts, Qixuan Chen, Jennifer A. Sumner, Eric B. Rimm, M. Maria Glymour, Laura D. Kubzansky (United States) - Research Article
825. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and 20-Year Physical Activity Trends Among Women
Find out about the links between PTSD onset and long term physical activity participation in the U.S. Nurses’ Health Study II.
Santos-Lozano A, Pareja-Galeano H, Sanchis-Gomar F, Quindós-Rubial M, Fiuza-Luces C, Cristi-Montero C, Emanuele E, Garatachea N, Lucia A (Spain) - Research Article
803. Physical Activity and Alzheimer Disease: A Protective Association
Discover how physical activity can protect against Alzheimer disease.
David Lubans, Justin Richards, Charles Hillman, Guy Faulkner, Mark Beauchamp, Michael Nilsson, Paul Kelly, Jordan Smith, Lauren Raine, Stuart Biddle (Australia) - Research Article
797. Physical Activity for Cognitive and Mental Health in Youth: A Systematic Review of Mechanisms
Discover exactly how physical activity can assist cognitive development in young people in this new review and conceptual model.
L. S. Olive , R. M. Telford, D. G. Byrne, W. P. Abhayaratna, R. D. Telford (Australia) - Research Article
781. Psychological distress leads to reduced physical activity and fitness in children: the Australian longitudinal LOOK study
Find out more about the relationship between physical activity and depression in young people in new data from Australia.
Justin Richards, Xiaoxiao Jiang, Paul Kelly, Josephine Chau, Adrian Bauman, Ding Ding (Australia) - Research Article
691. Don't worry, be happy: cross-sectional associations between physical activity and happiness in 15 European countries
Don't worry, be happy: cross-sectional associations between physical activity and happiness in 15 European countries.
Hai-Feng Shu, Tao Yang, Si-Xun Yu, Hai-Dong Huang, Ling-Li Jiang, Jian-Wen Gu, Yong-Qin Kuang (China) - Research Article
662. Aerobic Exercise for Parkinson's Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Discover how physical activity can benefit people with Parkinson's Disease.