Laura Wilde (United Kingdom) - Research Article
7. ISPAH Early Career Network
This systematic review protocol outlines the methods for synthesising the qualitative literature on the barriers and facilitators of using apps and wearables for monitoring physical activity and/or sedentary behaviour in adults.
Butte, Nancy F.; Watson, Kathleen B.; Ridley, Kate; Zakeri, Issa F.; McMurray, Robert G.; Pfeiffer, Karin A.; Crouter, Scott E.; Herrmann, Stephen D.; Bassett, David R.; Long, Alexander; Berhane, Zekarias; Trost, Stewart G.; Ainsworth, Barbara E.; Berrigan, David; Fulton, Janet E. (United States) - Research Article
852. A Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: Activity Codes and Metabolic Intensities
Take a look at the new compendium for young people containing 196 different physical activities!
Aiden Doherty, Dan Jackson, Nils Hammerla, Thomas Plötz, Patrick Olivier, Malcolm H. Granat, Tom White, Vincent T. van Hees, Michael I. Trenell, Christoper G. Owen, Stephen J. Preece, Rob Gillions, Simon Sheard, Tim Peakman, Soren Brage , Nicholas J. Wareham (United Kingdom) - Research Article
822. Large Scale Population Assessment of Physical Activity Using Wrist Worn Accelerometers: The UK Biobank Study
Learn about the use of objective measurement in large population studies contributed by participants.
Stella K. Muthuri , Vincent O. Onywera, Mark S. Tremblay, Stephanie T. Broyles, Jean-Philippe Chaput, Mikael Fogelholm, Gang Hu, Rebecca Kuriyan, Anura Kurpad, Estelle V. Lambert, Carol Maher, José Maia, Victor Matsudo, Timothy Olds, Olga L. Sarmiento, Martyn Standage, Catrine Tudor-Locke, Pei Zhao, Timothy S. Church, Peter T. Katzmarzyk, ISCOLE Research Group (Kenya) - Research Article
806. Relationships between Parental Education and Overweight with Childhood Overweight and Physical Activity in 9–11 Year Old Children: Results from a 12-Country Study
Learn about the links between education and health in this new international study.
Deborah Salvo, Olga L. Sarmiento, Rodrigo S. Reis, Adriano A.F. Hino, Manuel A. Bolivar, Pablo D. Lemoine, Priscilla B. Gonçalves, Michael Pratt (United States) - Research Article
805. Where Latin Americans are physically active, and why does it matter? Findings from the IPEN-adult study in Bogota, Colombia; Cuernavaca, Mexico; and Curitiba, Brazil
Take a look at new findings from the International Physical Activity and Environment Network in Mexico, Brazil and Colombia.
Justin B Moore, Jason Brinkley, Sara F Morris, Theresa M Oniffrey, Mary Bea Kolbe (United States) - Research Article
793. Effectiveness of Community-Based Minigrants to Increase Physical Activity and Decrease Sedentary Time in Youth
Discover the effectiveness of targeted grant funding for the implementation of multilevel community interventions for young people.
Michael W. Beets, R. Glenn Weaver, Gabrielle Turner-McGrievy, Jennifer Huberty, Dianne S. Ward, Russell R. Pate, Darcy Freedman, Brent Hutto, Justin B. Moore, Matteo Bottai, Jessica Chandler, Keith Brazendale, Aaron Beighle (United States) - Research Article
791. Physical activity outcomes in afterschool programs: A group randomized controlled trial
Find out the potential of, and challenges in, promoting physical activity within after-school program settings in results from a recent intervention in the U.S.
J L Hollis, R Sutherland, L Campbell, P J Morgan, D R Lubans, N Nathan, L Wolfenden, A D Okely, L Davies, A Williams, K E Cohen, C Oldmeadow, K Gillham and J Wiggers (Australia) - Research Article
789. Effects of a ‘school-based’ physical activity intervention on adiposity in adolescents from economically disadvantaged communities: secondary outcomes of the ‘Physical Activity 4 Everyone’ RCT
Discover how a physical activity program led to reductions in weight in children in a new study from Australia.
Pablo D. Lemoine, Olga L. Sarmiento, Jose David Pinzón, Jose D. Meisel, Felipe Montes, Dario Hidalgo, Michael Pratt, Juan M. Zambrano, Juan Corodovez, Roberto Zarama (Colombia) - Research Article
779. TransMilenio, un sistema escalable de transporte para promover la actividad física
Learn about the effects of a scalable bus rapid transit system for promoting physical activity in Bogata, Colombia in a new Spanish commentary.
Mélanie Henderson, Andrea Benedetti, Tracie A. Barnett, Marie-Eve Mathieu, Johnny Deladoëy, Katherine Gray-Donald (Canada) - Research Article
769. Influence of Adiposity, Physical Activity, Fitness, and Screen Time on Insulin Dynamics Over 2 Years in Children
Find out how physical activity and other healthy behaviours affect insulin sensitivity in children in this new study from Canada.