Milton K, Cavill N and Bauman A. (Australia) - Research Article
885. Intersectoral partnership: a potential legacy success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
This paper explores an often quoted but rarely actualised phenomenon, namely intersectoral partnerships between sport and health.
Sydney A. Jones, Quefeng Li, Allison E. Aiello, Angela M. O'Rand, Kelly R. Evenson (United States) - Research Article
884. Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour, and Retirement: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
An interesting read on retirements levels and physical activity.
Engeseth, K., Prestgaard, E.E., Mariampillai, J.E., Grundvold, I., Liestol, K., Kjeldsen, S.E., Bodegard, J., Erikssen, J.E., Gjesdal, K. and Skretteberg, P.T. (Norway) - Research Article
886. Physical fitness is a modifiable predictor of early cardiovascular death: A 35 year follow-up study of 2014 healthy middle age men
A 35 year observation investigating how physical fitness and other cardiovascular risk factors at middle-age men can influence the risk of cardiovascular death during their early, intermediate and later years.
Chapman R, Keall M, Howden-Champan P, Grams M, Witten K, Randal E and Woodward A. (New Zealand) - Research Article
878. A Cost Benefit Analysis of an Active Travel Intervention with Health and Carbon Emission Reduction Benefits
The ACTIVE before-and-after quasi-experimental study (2010-2013) estimated the net benefits of health and other outcomes from New Zealand’s Model Communities Programme (MCP) using an empirical analysis comparing two intervention cities with two control cities.
Cormie, P., Atkinson, M., Bucci, L., Cust, A., Ealkin, E., Hayes, S., McCarthy, S., Murnane, A., Patchell, S. and Adams, D. (Australia) - Research Article
872. Clinical Oncology Society of Australia position statement on exercise in cancer care
This article summarises the position of the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA) on the role of exercise in cancer care, taking into account the strengths and limitations of the evidence base.
Eime, R., Harvey, J and Charity, M. (Australia) - Research Article
880. Girls transition from participation in a modified sport program to club sport competition – a study of longitudinal patterns and correlates
Interesting results from this study. The suggested age to start our children in sport if we want them to continue to club competition level may surprise you.
Ulf Ekelund, Heather A Ward, Teresa Norat et al. (United Kingdom) - Research Article
698. Physical activity and all-cause mortality across levels of overall and abdominal adiposity in European men and women: the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition Study (EPIC)
Get updated on the latest evidence of the benefits of physical activity and health in this new study from across Europe.
Anders Grøntved mail, An Pan, Rania A. Mekary, Meir Stampfer, Walter C. Willett, JoAnn E. Manson, Frank B. Hu (United States) - Research Article
616. Muscle-strengthening and conditioning activities and risk of type 2 diabetes: a prospective study in two cohorts of US women
Find out whether muscle strengthening activities have any impact on the development of type 2 diabetes amongst women.
E. G. Artero, V. España-Romero, D. Jiménez-Pavón, D. Martinez-Gómez, J. Warnberg, S. Gómez-Martínez, M. González-Gross, J. Vanhelst, A. Kafatos, D. Molnar, S. De Henauw, L. A. Moreno, A. Marcos and M. J. Castillo (Spain) - Research Article
555. Muscular fitness, fatness and inflammatory biomarkers in adolescents
Discover the latest science around blood biomarkers and levels of fitness and fatness in adolecents in this study which took place in a number of countries across Europe
National Obesity Observatory (United Kingdom) - Guideline
442. Standard Evaluation Framework for physical activity interventions
This tool from the UK National Obesity Observatory (NOO) describes and explains information that should be collected in an evaluation of a physical activity intervention at the individual or group level.