Guthold, R., Stevens, G.A., Riley, L.M. and Bull, F.C. (Australia) - Research Article
883.Worldwide trends in insufficient physical activity from 2001 to 2016: a pooled analysis of 358 population-based surveys with 1·9 million participants
A description of levels of insufficient physical activity across countries, and estimate on global and regional trends.
Rebecca Bentley, Tony Blakely, Anne Kavanagh, Zoe Aitken, Tania King, Paul McElwee, Billie Giles-Corti, and Gavin Turrell (Australia) - Case Study
871. A Longitudinal Study Examining Changes in Street Connectivity, Land Use, and Density of Dwellings and Walking for Transport in Brisbane, Australia
Societies face the challenge of keeping people active as they age. Walkable neighborhoods have been associated with physical activity, but more rigorous analytical approaches are needed.
Amit V. Khera, Connor A. Emdin, Isabel Drake, Pradeep Natarajan, Alexander G. Bick, Nancy R. Cook, Daniel I. Chasman, Usman Baber, Roxana Mehran, Daniel J. Rader, Valentin Fuster, Eric Boerwinkle, Olle Melander, Marju Orho-Melander, Paul M Ridker, Sekar Kathiresan (United States) - Research Article
827. Genetic Risk, Adherence to a Healthy Lifestyle, and Coronary Disease
Learn about the importance of a healthy lifestyle in reducing the impact of genetic heart disease risk in this combined study of four different male and female cohort.
Ryan Olson, Brad Wipfli, Sharon V. Thompson, Diane L. Elliot, W. Kent Anger, Todd Bodner, Leslie B. Hammer, and Nancy A. Perrin (United States) - Research Article
794. Weight Control Intervention for Truck Drivers: The SHIFT Randomized Controlled Trial, United States
Find out the effects of a new intervention to improve physical activity and other health behaviours of truck drivers.
Hussain SM, Urquhart DM, Wang Y, Dunstan D, Shaw JE, Magliano DJ, Wluka AE, Cicuttini FM (Australia) - Research Article
784. Associations between television viewing and physical activity and low back pain in community-based adults: A cohort study
Find out whether television viewing or physical activity has a stronger association with lower back pain and whether the association has more of an impact on men or women.
Shaneda Warren Andersen, Wei Zheng, Jennifer Sonderman, Xiao-Ou Shu, Charles E. Matthews, Danxia Yu, Mark Steinwandel, Joseph K. McLaughlin, Margaret K. Hargreaves, William J. Blot (United States) - Research Article
776. Combined Impact of Health Behaviors on Mortality in Low-Income Americans
Discover how health behaviours relate to mortality among African American and low incomes adults in the Southern Community Cohort Study.
Kaitlin Atkinson, Samantha Lowe, Spencer Moore (Canada) - Research Article
756. Human development, occupational structure and physical inactivity among 47 low and middle income countries
Learn about the links between occupation type and physical activity in this new global study.
Iffat Rahman, Andrea Bellavia, Alicja Wolk, Nicola Orsini (Sweden) - Research Article
734. Physical Activity and Heart Failure Risk in a Prospective Study of Men
Find out what types of physical activity are linked to heart failure in this new Swedish study.
Susan G. Lakoski, Benjamin L. Willis, Carolyn E. Barlow, David Leonard, Ang Gao, Nina B. Radford, Stephen W. Farrell, Pamela S. Douglas, Jarett D. Berry,Laura F. DeFina, Lee W. Jones (United States) - Research Article
702. Midlife Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Incident Cancer, and Survival After Cancer in Men The Cooper Center Longitudinal Study
Discover the effects of physical activity on the risk of developing various types of cancer.
Felix Muttera, Tim Pawlowski (Germany) - Research Article
683. Role models in sports – Can success in professional sports increase the demand for amateur sport participation?
See how professional sport role models might inspire increases in physical activity among recreational sport participants in this new study from Germany.