Rebecca Bentley, Tony Blakely, Anne Kavanagh, Zoe Aitken, Tania King, Paul McElwee, Billie Giles-Corti, and Gavin Turrell (Australia) - Case Study
871. A Longitudinal Study Examining Changes in Street Connectivity, Land Use, and Density of Dwellings and Walking for Transport in Brisbane, Australia
Societies face the challenge of keeping people active as they age. Walkable neighborhoods have been associated with physical activity, but more rigorous analytical approaches are needed.
Seema Mihrshahi, Lisa Vaughan, Nicola Fa’avale, Shreenika De Silva Weliange, Inez Manu-Sione and Lisa Schubert (Australia) - Research Article
820. Evaluation of the Good Start Program: a healthy eating and physical activity intervention for Maori and Pacific Islander children living in Queensland, Australia
Find out about the effectiveness of this program on knowledge and behaviour among children aged 6-19 years.
Justin B Moore, Jason Brinkley, Sara F Morris, Theresa M Oniffrey, Mary Bea Kolbe (United States) - Research Article
793. Effectiveness of Community-Based Minigrants to Increase Physical Activity and Decrease Sedentary Time in Youth
Discover the effectiveness of targeted grant funding for the implementation of multilevel community interventions for young people.
Shaneda Warren Andersen, Wei Zheng, Jennifer Sonderman, Xiao-Ou Shu, Charles E. Matthews, Danxia Yu, Mark Steinwandel, Joseph K. McLaughlin, Margaret K. Hargreaves, William J. Blot (United States) - Research Article
776. Combined Impact of Health Behaviors on Mortality in Low-Income Americans
Discover how health behaviours relate to mortality among African American and low incomes adults in the Southern Community Cohort Study.
Angie L. Cradock, Jessica L. Barrett, Catherine M. Giles, Rebekka M. Lee, Erica L. Kenney, Madeleine E. deBlois, Julie C. Thayer, Steven L. Gortmaker (United States) - Research Article
770. Promoting Physical Activity With the Out of School Nutrition and Physical Activity (OSNAP) Initiative: A Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial
Take a look at the effects of an after school program in the U.S. on children's physical activity levels and sedentary behaviour.
Theresa H. Cruz, Sally M. Davis, Orrin B. Myers, Elena R. O’Donald, Sarah G. Sanders, and Judith N. Sheche (United States) - Research Article
768. Effects of an Obesity Prevention Intervention on Physical Activity Among Preschool Children: The CHILE Study
Read about positive effects of a physical activity intervention for American Indian and Hispanic pre-school children.
Nancy M. Wells, Beth M. Myers, Charles R. Henderson Jr. (United States) - Research Article
681. School gardens and physical activity: A randomized controlled trial of low-income elementary schools
Find out about how school gardens impacted physical activity levels of children in New York City schools.
I.A. Lesser, T. Dick, D. Gasevic, D.C. Mackey, J.A. Leipsic, S.A. Lear (Canada) - Research Article
650. The association between physical activity and liver fat after five years of follow-up in a primary prevention multi-ethnic cohort
Find out about the links between physical activity, alcohol consumption and liver fat in this new large scale study.
Australian Sports Commission (Australia) - Case Study
667. The impact of development through sport: Australian Sports Outreach Program case studies
Access the findings of research into Australian Sports Outreach Programs in Vanuatu, Tonga and Nauru.
Louise L Hardy, Lesley King, Debra Hector, Louise A Baur (Australia) - Research Article
552. Socio-cultural differences in Australian primary school children's weight and weight-related behaviours
Find out how weight and related behaviours like fitness vary across different ethnic and socio-economic population groups in this study which uses data from the NSW Schools Physical Activity and Nutrition Survey in Australia.