Kate E Mason, Prof Neil Pearce, Prof Steven Cummins (United Kingdom) - Research Article
858. Associations between fast food and physical activity environments and adiposity in mid-life: cross-sectional, observational evidence from UK Biobank
The authors examined whether neighbourhood exposure to fast-food outlets and physical activity facilities were associated with adiposity in UK adults.
Luke Allen, Julianne Williams, Nick Townsend, Bente Mikkelsen, Nia Roberts, Charlie Foster, Kremlin Wickramasinghe (United Kingdom) - Research Article
824. Socioeconomic status and non-communicable disease behavioural risk factors in low-income and lower-middle-income countries: a systematic review
Learn about new information on the links between SES and NCDs in different countries around the world.
Stenholm S, Head J, Kivimäki M, Kawachi I, Aalto V, Zins M, Goldberg M, Zaninotto P, Magnuson Hanson L, Westerlund H, Vahtera J. (Finland) - Research Article
812. Smoking, physical inactivity and obesity as predictors of healthy and disease-free life expectancy between ages 50 and 75: a multicohort study
Find out how risk factors like physical activity can predict healthy life expectancy free from chronic disease across four European countries.
Philipe de Souto Barreto, Matteo Cesari, Sandrine Andrieu, Bruno Vellas, Yves Rolland (Brazil) - Research Article
809. Physical Activity and Incident Chronic Diseases: A Longitudinal Observational Study in 16 European Countries
Discover just how much physical activity is required to have an impact on chronic disease.
Anne Loyen, Hidde P. van der Ploeg, Adrian Bauman, Johannes Brug, Jeroen Lakerveld (Netherlands) - Research Article
761. European Sitting Championship: Prevalence and Correlates of Self-Reported Sitting Time in the 28 European Union Member States
Where in Europe do adults spend the most time sitting down? Find out in this comprehensive new study.
Karen Milton, Joanne Gale, Emmanuel Stamatakis, Adrian Bauman (United Kingdom) - Research Article
714. Trends in prolonged sitting time among European adults: 27 country analysis
Compare trends sitting time across multiple European countries in new analyses of the Eurobarometer surveys.
Justin Richards, Xiaoxiao Jiang, Paul Kelly, Josephine Chau, Adrian Bauman, Ding Ding (Australia) - Research Article
691. Don't worry, be happy: cross-sectional associations between physical activity and happiness in 15 European countries
Don't worry, be happy: cross-sectional associations between physical activity and happiness in 15 European countries.
Sonja Kahlmeier, Trudy M A Wijnhoven, Patrick Alpiger, Christian Schweizer, João Breda, Brian W Martin (Switzerland) - Research Article
692. National physical activity recommendations: systematic overview and analysis of the situation in European countries
Read about the nature and extent of physical activity guidelines across Europe.
Xiaoqi Feng, Thomas Astell-Burt, Gregory S. Kolt (Australia) - Research Article
661. Is an index of co-occurring unhealthy lifestyles suitable for understanding migrant health?
Read about how unhealthy lifestyles of Australians differ according to country of birth in these new findings from the 45 & Up study.
Fiona Bull, Karen Milton, Sonja Kahlmeier, Alberto Arlotti, Andrea Backovic Jurican, Olov Belander, Brian Martin, Eva Martin-Diener, Ana Marques, Jorge Mota, Tommi Vasankari, Anita Vlasveld (Australia) - Research Article
621. Turning the tide: national policy approaches to increasing physical activity in seven European countries
Learn about physical activity policy in Europe in this commentary on research which won a prize at the 5th International Physical Activity and Public Health Congress (ICPAPH) in Brazil.