Chesham, R. A., Booth, J. N., Sweeney, E. L., Ryde, G. C., Gorely, T., Brooks, N.E.,?and Moran, C. N. (United Kingdom) - Case Study
875. The Daily Mile makes primary school children more active, less sedentary and improves their fitness and body composition: a quasi-experimental pilot study
Does engaging in ‘The Daily Mile' (promoted by Scottish Government) make primary school children more active, less sedentary and improve their fitness and body composition?
Seema Mihrshahi, Lisa Vaughan, Nicola Fa’avale, Shreenika De Silva Weliange, Inez Manu-Sione and Lisa Schubert (Australia) - Research Article
820. Evaluation of the Good Start Program: a healthy eating and physical activity intervention for Maori and Pacific Islander children living in Queensland, Australia
Find out about the effectiveness of this program on knowledge and behaviour among children aged 6-19 years.
Monica L. Wendel, Mark E. Benden, Hongwei Zhao, and Christina Jeffrey (United States) - Research Article
813. Stand-Biased Versus Seated Classrooms and Childhood Obesity: A Randomized Experiment in Texas
Discover the effects of standing desks in classrooms on body mass index in this new multi-school trial.
L. S. Olive , R. M. Telford, D. G. Byrne, W. P. Abhayaratna, R. D. Telford (Australia) - Research Article
781. Psychological distress leads to reduced physical activity and fitness in children: the Australian longitudinal LOOK study
Find out more about the relationship between physical activity and depression in young people in new data from Australia.
Angie L. Cradock, Jessica L. Barrett, Catherine M. Giles, Rebekka M. Lee, Erica L. Kenney, Madeleine E. deBlois, Julie C. Thayer, Steven L. Gortmaker (United States) - Research Article
770. Promoting Physical Activity With the Out of School Nutrition and Physical Activity (OSNAP) Initiative: A Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial
Take a look at the effects of an after school program in the U.S. on children's physical activity levels and sedentary behaviour.
Karen E. Peterson, Jennifer L. Spadano-Gasbarro, Mary L. Greaney, S. Bryn Austin, Solomon Mezgebu, Anne T. Hunt, Emily A. Blood, Chrissy Horan, Henry A. Feldman, Stavroula K. Osganian, Maria F. Bettencourt, Tracy K. Richmond (United States) - Research Article
745. Three-year improvements in weight status and weight-related behaviors in middle school students: the Healthy Choices Study
Take a look at the long term effects of a school obesity prevention program in the U.S.
Nancy M. Wells, Beth M. Myers, Charles R. Henderson Jr. (United States) - Research Article
681. School gardens and physical activity: A randomized controlled trial of low-income elementary schools
Find out about how school gardens impacted physical activity levels of children in New York City schools.
Heather A McKay, Heather M Macdonald, Lindsay Nettlefold, Louise C Masse, Meghan Day, Patti-Jean Naylor (Canada) - Research Article
680. Action Schools! BC implementation: from efficacy to effectiveness to scale-up
Learn about the different delivery stages of this large scale Canadian program.
Simone Dohle, Brian Wansink (Switzerland) - Research Article
607. Fit in 50 years: participation in high school sports best predicts one's physical activity after Age 70
Find out about the tracking of sports participation through adult life.
British Nutrition Foundation (United Kingdom) - Guideline
673. British Nutrition Foundation Core competences
Find access to the recently updated framework of guidelines for educating children aged 5-16 about diet, health, cooking and foodsafetly, and ways in which this information can be implimented in school based settings.