Eime, R., Harvey, J and Charity, M. (Australia) - Research Article
880. Girls transition from participation in a modified sport program to club sport competition – a study of longitudinal patterns and correlates
Interesting results from this study. The suggested age to start our children in sport if we want them to continue to club competition level may surprise you.
Diana P Pozuelo-Carrascosa, Antonio García-Hermoso, Celia Álvarez-Bueno, Mairena Sánchez-López, Vicente Martinez-Vizcaino (Spain) - Research Article
863. Effectiveness of school-based physical activity programmes on cardiorespiratory fitness in children: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials
This systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials adds to our understanding of the contribution of school-based programs to the specific outcome of cardiorespiratory fitness of children.
Rosemarie Martin and Elaine M. Murtagh (Ireland) - Research Article
847. Effect of Active Lessons on Physical Activity, Academic, and Health Outcomes: A Systematic Review
Discover how school lessons incorporating physical activity can benefit both learning and students' health.
Jenna L. Hollis, Rachel Sutherland, Amanda J. Williams, Elizabeth Campbell, Nicole Nathan, Luke Wolfenden, Philip J. Morgan, David R. Lubans, Karen Gillham and John Wiggers (Australia) - Research Article
836. A systematic review and meta-analysis of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity levels in secondary school physical education lessons
Discover the impact of PE on the physical activity levels of children.
Seema Mihrshahi, Lisa Vaughan, Nicola Fa’avale, Shreenika De Silva Weliange, Inez Manu-Sione and Lisa Schubert (Australia) - Research Article
820. Evaluation of the Good Start Program: a healthy eating and physical activity intervention for Maori and Pacific Islander children living in Queensland, Australia
Find out about the effectiveness of this program on knowledge and behaviour among children aged 6-19 years.
Michael W. Beets, R. Glenn Weaver, Gabrielle Turner-McGrievy, Jennifer Huberty, Dianne S. Ward, Russell R. Pate, Darcy Freedman, Brent Hutto, Justin B. Moore, Matteo Bottai, Jessica Chandler, Keith Brazendale, Aaron Beighle (United States) - Research Article
791. Physical activity outcomes in afterschool programs: A group randomized controlled trial
Find out the potential of, and challenges in, promoting physical activity within after-school program settings in results from a recent intervention in the U.S.
L. S. Olive , R. M. Telford, D. G. Byrne, W. P. Abhayaratna, R. D. Telford (Australia) - Research Article
781. Psychological distress leads to reduced physical activity and fitness in children: the Australian longitudinal LOOK study
Find out more about the relationship between physical activity and depression in young people in new data from Australia.
Sardinha, Luís B.; Marques, Adilson; Minderico, Claudia; Palmeira, António; Martins, Sandra; Santos, Diana A.; Ekelund, Ulf (Portugal) - Research Article
754. Longitudinal Relationship Between Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Academic Achievement.
See how fitness levels lead to improved future academic outcomes for young people.
Rachel Sutherland, Elizabeth Campbell, David R Lubans, Philip J Morgan, Anthony D Okely, Nicole Nathan, Luke Wolfenden, Jarrod Wiese, Karen Gillham, Jenna Hollis, John Wiggers (Australia) - Research Article
742. ‘Physical Activity 4 Everyone’ school-based intervention to prevent decline in adolescent physical activity levels: 12 month (mid-intervention) report on a cluster randomised trial
Learn about the effects of a physical activity program for disadvantaged youth in Australia.
Rebecca Langford, Christopher Bonell, Hayley Jones, Theodora Pouliou, Simon Murphy, Elizabeth Waters, Kelli Komro, Lisa Gibbs, Dan Magnus, Rona Campbell (United Kingdom) - Research Article
688. The world health organization’s health promoting schools framework: a Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis
Take a look at the effects of the WHO's worldwide Health Promoting Schools program.