Howie EK, Brewer AE, Brown WH, Saunders RP, Pate RR (United States) - Research Article
790. Systematic dissemination of a preschool physical activity intervention to the control preschools
See how a multi-component preschool activity intervention was collaboratively refined for dissemination to the control preschools in new implementation science from the U.S.
Theresa H. Cruz, Sally M. Davis, Orrin B. Myers, Elena R. O’Donald, Sarah G. Sanders, and Judith N. Sheche (United States) - Research Article
768. Effects of an Obesity Prevention Intervention on Physical Activity Among Preschool Children: The CHILE Study
Read about positive effects of a physical activity intervention for American Indian and Hispanic pre-school children.
Jackson P. Sekhobo, Lynn S. Edmunds, Karen Dalenius, Jan Jernigan, Christopher F. Davis, Mark Giddings, Catherine Lesesne, Laura Kettel Khan (United States) - Research Article
697. Neighborhood Disparities in Prevalence of Childhood Obesity Among Low-Income Children Before and After Implementation of New York City Child Care Regulations
See how child care policies influenced childhood obesity levels in disadvantaged neighbourhoods in New York City.
The Lancet (United Kingdom) - Research Article
417. The Lancet Series on physical activity
This recent publication on physical actviity covers the global impact of physical inactivity on non-communicable diseases, current levels of physical activity and trends, reasons for and against participating in physical activity and how to effectively promote physical activity.
Active Living Research (United States) - Strategy Document
427. Supporting Physical Activity Outside of School Time
Find out ways to promote physical activity out of school in this Active Living Research Factsheet.
Play England (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
384. A world without play: A literature review
This review examine the effects of a lack of play on children’s lives and the importance of providing good-quality play opportunities to children, their families and their communities.
Trina Hinkley et al (Australia) - Research Article
67. Preschoolers' Physical Activity, Screen Time and Compliance with Recommendations
Little evidence exists about the prevalence of adequate levels of physical activity and of appropriate screen-based entertainment in preschool children.This study investigates how much time preschool children spend being physically active and engaged in screen-based entertainment.
British Heart Foundation National Center (United Kingdom) - Guideline
360. BHFNC Parental Advice booklets
The parental advice booklets were originally developed as part of the suite of resources for the long term medical conditions course. Long term medical conditions covered include obesity, asthma, heart conditions and diabetes.
Australian Sports Commission (Australia) - Website
108. Australian Sports Commission’s Playing for Life Kit
More Australian children who are enrolled in outside of school hours care programs are set to benefit from the Australian Sports Commission’s successful Playing for Life Kit. The Playing for Life kit is part of the Australian Government’s Active After-school Communities (AASC) program.
Kim Anderson (Canada) - Research Article
100. Designed Playgrounds that Engage Children in Physical Activity and More
This article offers background information on the City of Edmonton’s experience with using a “design” approach for playground developments.