Bolton KA, Kremer P, Gibbs L, Waters E, Swinburn B, de Silva A (Australia) - Research Article
830. The outcomes of health promoting communities: Being active eating well initiative-a community-based obesity prevention intervention in Victoria, Australia
Take a look at the results of a whole of community obesity prevention program in five communities in Victoria in Australia.
Olga L. Sarmiento, Adriana Díaz del Castillo, Camilo A. Triana, María José Acevedo, Silvia A. Gonzalez, Michael Pratt (Colombia) - Research Article
799. Reclaiming the streets for people: Insights from Ciclovías Recreativas in Latin America
Learn about the sustainability, flexability and scalability of the successful Ciclovías initiative in the latest GlobalPANet Spanish research commentary.
Ana Paola Rios (Colombia) - Guideline
726. Salud y Bienestar al ritmo de las comunidades. Experiencias inspiradoras en América Latina El Sedentarismo se combate con ritmo
Al aprovechar parques, plazas, playas, calles, alamedas, escenarios deportivos, centros comunitarios, centros comerciales y estacionamientos, son fáciles de implementar, tiene bajos costos y se pueden ofrecer de manera regular.
Sara Zimmerman, Karen Kramer, Matthew J. Trowbridge (United States) - Research Article
611. Overcoming Legal Liability Concerns for School-Based Physical Activity Promotion
Find out how to minimise legal risks associated with school based programs such as active playground.
British Heart Foundation National Centre for Physical Activity and Health (BHFNC) (United Kingdom) - Strategy Document
588. Practical strategies for promoting physical activity with children
This practice briefing from the British Heart Foundation National Centre for Physical Activity and Health (BHFNC) suggests practical strategies for promoting physical activity with children aged 6-11.
Jose D. Meisel, Olga L. Sarmiento, Felipe Montes, Edwin O. Martinez, Pablo D. Lemoine, Juan A. Valdivia, Ross C. Brownson, and Roberto Zarama (Colombia) - Research Article
573. Network Analysis of Bogotá's Ciclovía Recreativa, a Self-Organized Multisectorial Community Program to Promote Physical Activity in a Middle-Income Country
Read about how the Columbian Ciclovía Recreativa program has been successful through the effective use of multi-sectoral partnerships.
LiveWell Colorado and the Colorado Municipal League (CML) (United States) - Case Study
566. HEAL (Healthy Eating and Active Living) Cities & Towns Campaign of Colorado
Take a look at this new initiative in the U.S which provides training and technical assistance to help municipal officials adopt policies that improve access to physical activity and healthy food in their communities.
WHO Regional Office for Europe (Denmark) - Policy Document
570. Physical activity promotion in socially disadvantaged groups: principles for action. Policy summary
The WHO Regional Office for Europe has developed this guidance on promoting physical activity in socially disadvantaged groups, with a focus on the role of healthy environments.
DASRA (India) - Strategy Document
541. ‘The Power of Play’: sport for development in India
Read this landmark report about the transformative impact of sport for development on the lives of young people in India.
Active Living Research (United States) - Case Study
418. Active Living Research Infographic
Learn about the role of communities in promoting physical activity.