Cormie, P., Atkinson, M., Bucci, L., Cust, A., Ealkin, E., Hayes, S., McCarthy, S., Murnane, A., Patchell, S. and Adams, D. (Australia) - Research Article
872. Clinical Oncology Society of Australia position statement on exercise in cancer care
This article summarises the position of the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA) on the role of exercise in cancer care, taking into account the strengths and limitations of the evidence base.
Ding Ding, Tracy Kolbe-Alexander, Binh Nguyen, Peter T Katzmarzyk, Michael Pratt, Kenny D Lawson (Australia) - Research Article
848. The economic burden of physical inactivity: a systematic review and critical appraisal
Read the latest economic evidence on why it's important to increase population levels of physical activity.
Jancey, J., Holt, Anne-Marie., Lee, Andy., Kerr, Deborah., Robinson, Suzanne., Tang, Li., Anderson, A.S., Hills, Andrew., and Howat, Peter (Australia) - Research Article
841. Effects of a physical activity and nutrition program in retirement villages: a cluster randomised controlled trial
Learn about the effects of an intervention for older people in residential settings.
Ambarish Pandey, Michael LaMonte, Liviu Klein, Colby Ayers, Bruce M. Psaty, Charles B. Eaton, Norrina B. Allen, James A. de Lemos, Mercedes Carnethon, Philip Greenland, Jarett D. Berry (United States) - Research Article
823. Relationship Between Physical Activity, Body Mass Index, and Risk of Heart Failure
Find out how physical activity is linked to heart failure in this new study, using data from 3 cohort studies (WHI [Women’s Health Initiative], MESA [Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis], and CHS [Cardiovascular Health Study.
M.J. Hamlin, E. Yule, C.A. Elliot, L. Stoner, Y. Kathiravel (New Zealand) - Research Article
800. Long-term effectiveness of the New Zealand Green Prescription primary health care exercise initiative
Learn about the impact on physical activity levels and sedentary behaviour of this long running initiative.
Daniele Di Mascio, Elena Rita Magro-Malosso, Gabriele Saccone, Gregary D. Marhefka, Vincenzo Berghella (United States) - Research Article
788. Exercise during pregnancy in normal-weight women and risk of preterm birth: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Learn about the impact of exercising when pregnant and its association with preterm birth.
Vijay GC, Edward CF Wilson, Marc Suhrcke, Wendy Hardeman, Stephen Sutton on behalf of the VBI Programme Team (United Kingdom) - Research Article
763. Are brief interventions to increase physical activity cost-effective? A systematic review
Discover the benefits of short interventions in health settings and their effects of physical activity in this new review.
Harvey J. Miller, Calvin P. Tribby, Barbara B. Brown, Ken R. Smith, Carol M. Werner, Jean Wolf, Laura Wilson, Marcelo G. Simas Oliveira (United States) - Research Article
747. Public transit generates new physical activity: Evidence from individual GPS and accelerometer data before and after light rail construction in a neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Consider the transport and health benefits of light rail in light of this new evidence from a natural experiment.
Lorena Ramírez-Cardona, Ruby Trejo-Varón y Noel C. Barengo (Argentina) - Research Article
626. Prácticas y consejería de actividad física en médicos generalistas de Argentina
Read about GP physical activity counselling practices in Argentina in this Spanish commentary.
Fiona Bull, Karen Milton, Sonja Kahlmeier, Alberto Arlotti, Andrea Backovic Jurican, Olov Belander, Brian Martin, Eva Martin-Diener, Ana Marques, Jorge Mota, Tommi Vasankari, Anita Vlasveld (Australia) - Research Article
621. Turning the tide: national policy approaches to increasing physical activity in seven European countries
Learn about physical activity policy in Europe in this commentary on research which won a prize at the 5th International Physical Activity and Public Health Congress (ICPAPH) in Brazil.