Talitha I. Verhoef, Verena Trend, Barry Kelly, Nigel Robinson, Paul Fox and Stephen Morris (United Kingdom) - Research Article
798. Cost-effectiveness analysis of offering free leisure centre memberships to physically inactive members of the public receiving state benefits: a case study
Take a look at the economic benefits of free facility membership to people from a socially disadvantaged community in London.
J L Hollis, R Sutherland, L Campbell, P J Morgan, D R Lubans, N Nathan, L Wolfenden, A D Okely, L Davies, A Williams, K E Cohen, C Oldmeadow, K Gillham and J Wiggers (Australia) - Research Article
789. Effects of a ‘school-based’ physical activity intervention on adiposity in adolescents from economically disadvantaged communities: secondary outcomes of the ‘Physical Activity 4 Everyone’ RCT
Discover how a physical activity program led to reductions in weight in children in a new study from Australia.
Erin K Howie, Joanne A McVeigh, Anne J Smith, Leon M Straker (Australia) - Research Article
765. Organized Sport Trajectories from Childhood to Adolescence and Health Associations.
Learn about the links between sport participation over time and health outcomes in new results from the Raine longitudinal study.
Sardinha, Luís B.; Marques, Adilson; Minderico, Claudia; Palmeira, António; Martins, Sandra; Santos, Diana A.; Ekelund, Ulf (Portugal) - Research Article
754. Longitudinal Relationship Between Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Academic Achievement.
See how fitness levels lead to improved future academic outcomes for young people.
Neil Heron, Frank Kee, Margaret E Cupples, Mark A Tully (United Kingdom) - Research Article
727. Correlates of sport participation in adults with long-standing illness or disability
Learn about the associations between sport and factors such as age, gender, health and housing in new research from Northern Ireland.
Rochelle M Eime, Melanie J Charity, Jack T Harvey, Warren R Payne (Australia) - Research Article
706. Participation in sport and physical activity: associations with socio-economic status and geographical remoteness
Find out how physical activity and participation in almost 100 sports across Australia varies according to location of residence and social advantage.
Ruth Jeanes, Justen O’ Connor, Laura Alfrey (Australia) - Research Article
686. Sport and the Resettlement of Young People From Refugee Backgrounds in Australia
Take a look at this new research on the views of sport development and resettlement staff around supporting the participation of young refugees in sport.
Felix Muttera, Tim Pawlowski (Germany) - Research Article
683. Role models in sports – Can success in professional sports increase the demand for amateur sport participation?
See how professional sport role models might inspire increases in physical activity among recreational sport participants in this new study from Germany.
Adrian Bauman, Bill Bellew, Cora L Craig (Australia) - Research Article
633. Did the 2000 Sydney Olympics increase physical activity among adult Australians?
Find out whether the Sydney Olympics delivered a physical activity and health legacy for Australia.
Stewart A. Vella, Dylan P. Cliff, Christopher A. Magee, Anthony D. Okely (Australia) - Research Article
623. Sports Participation and Parent-Reported Health-Related Quality of Life in Children: Longitudinal Associations
Learn about the links between individual & team sport participation and health related quality of life in children in new evidence from the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children (LSAC).