Rissel, C, Crane, M, Standen, C, Wen, L, Ellison, R, Greaves, S. (Australia) - Research Article
874. Public support for bicycling and transport policies in inner Sydney, Australia: a cross sectional survey
This paper describes the degree of community support and factors associated with this support, for a number of potential transport policy options among an inner-city sample of residents in Sydney, Australia.
Belen Zapata-Diomedi, Luke D. Knibbs, Robert S. Ware, Kristiann C. Heesch, Marko Tainio, James Woodcock, J. Lennert Veerman (Australia) - Research Article
853. A shift from motorised travel to active transport: What are the potential health gains for an Australian city?
Find out how increased active travel could improve health in new modelling of achieving active transport targets.
Carlos A Celis-Morales, Donald M Lyall, Paul Welsh, Jana Anderson, Lewis Steell, Yibing Guo, Reno Maldonado, Daniel F Mackay, Jill P Pell, Naveed Sattar, Jason M R Gill (United Kingdom) - Research Article
828. Association between active commuting and incident cardiovascular disease, cancer, and mortality: prospective cohort study
Find out about the long term links between walking and cycling and the risk of heart disease in new research from the UK Biobank Study.
Jenna Panter, David Ogilvie on behalf of the iConnect consortium (United Kingdom) - Research Article
821. Can environmental improvement change the population distribution of walking
Discover how different types of walking are affected by changes in active transport provision in this new study from the UK.
Ellen Flint, Elizabeth Webb, Steven Cummins (United Kingdom) - Research Article
817. Change in commute mode and body-mass index: prospective, longitudinal evidence from UK Biobank
Learn about the long term links between active commuting and obesity in this new study from the the UK Biobank study, published in the Lancet.
Deborah Cohen, Bing Han, Kathryn P. Derose, Stephanie Williamson, Aaron Paley, Christina Batteate (United States) - Research Article
795. CicLavia: Evaluation of participation, physical activity and cost of an open streets event in Los Angeles
Read about the impact of an mass cycling event in the U.S.
Ryan Olson, Brad Wipfli, Sharon V. Thompson, Diane L. Elliot, W. Kent Anger, Todd Bodner, Leslie B. Hammer, and Nancy A. Perrin (United States) - Research Article
794. Weight Control Intervention for Truck Drivers: The SHIFT Randomized Controlled Trial, United States
Find out the effects of a new intervention to improve physical activity and other health behaviours of truck drivers.
Pablo D. Lemoine, Olga L. Sarmiento, Jose David Pinzón, Jose D. Meisel, Felipe Montes, Dario Hidalgo, Michael Pratt, Juan M. Zambrano, Juan Corodovez, Roberto Zarama (Colombia) - Research Article
779. TransMilenio, un sistema escalable de transporte para promover la actividad física
Learn about the effects of a scalable bus rapid transit system for promoting physical activity in Bogata, Colombia in a new Spanish commentary.
Ellen Flint, Steven Cummins (United Kingdom) - Research Article
774. Active commuting and obesity in mid-life: cross-sectional, observational evidence from UK Biobank
Find out the relationship between active commuting and obesity in middle aged adults using objectively measured anthropometric data from UK Biobank.
James F Sallis, Ester Cerin, Terry L Conway, Marc A Adams, Lawrence D Frank, Michael Pratt, Deborah Salvo, Jasper Schipperijn, Graham Smith, Kelli L Cain, Rachel Davey, Jacqueline Kerr, Poh-Chin Lai, Josef Mitáš, Rodrigo Reis, Olga L Sarmiento, Grant Schofield, Jens Troelsen, Delfien Van Dyck, Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Neville Owen (United States) - Research Article
766. Physical activity in relation to urban environments in 14 cities worldwide: a cross-sectional study
Take a look at new results from the International Physical activity and Environment Network (IPEN), using data from 14 cities in ten countries on five continents.